Tuesday 10 February 2015

Sick of being sick

I love my family but after a week of being stuck in quarantine with them, they're all grating on my nerves.

I am so over the sight of snotty noses. I am so over the sound of hacking coughes, sneezes and grizzly babies. I'm so over constantly picking up tissues off the floor. When you're entire family, including you, comes down with the flu, it really sucks. This actually sucks worse than when Sticky had gastro because we are all as sick and miserable as each other.

The interesting thing is that as the mother, no one cares if you're sick. You're still expected to look after the baby and the husband, find the energy to cook dinner, do the cleaning, wash the clothes, feed the cat and do the ironing. You're expected to answer the constant questions of what's for lunch, what's for dinner, where's this, where's that. As if being sick wasn't exhausting enough.

So, you can imagine my sheer gratitude when my fabulous friend turned up with a home cooked meal for us that fed us all for 2 days. It was simply the best thing ever!

We have had such a terrible start to the year that I knew it was only a matter of time before I collapsed and I collapsed in a big way. My little cold ended up being a chest infection and it's taken me 6 days to start to feel better.

But, with all of that aside, my one saving grace is I get to go to work tomorrow. I should probably have another day at home resting but I'm so eager to escape my germ ridden family and household I'll eagerly jump on the train to get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...