Thursday 28 June 2012

Starting with a splutter


Today was one of those days where you're reminded that sometimes, life is totally out of your hands. Just as we're ready to start trying, there's major job losses at work. People are finishing up tomorrow for the end of the financial year and there will be major job cuts else where. 

It's ironic that just as I got a permanent job I'm now in jeopardy of losing it. But, that's just life I guess. I now face the waiting game of will I be one of the unlucky ones to go or not? It's so frustrating to know this is totally out of my control and there's nothing I can do about it. All I can do is turn up to work every day and give 110%.

But, it puts doubt in my mind about whether we should do this or not. Is now the right time? What happens if I loose my job? Will I find another? Do I want to wait another few months to find out?

The simple answer is no. I don't know what's going to happen so what's the point in waiting? When I asked my husband what we should do he simply said "She'll be right mate." And so we will continue forwards.

The choice is simple - either put our life on hold for something that may or may not happen, or take a risk for something we have our hearts set on and believe in. In the end, we never know what life will throw at us. We never know what's around the corner. We never know what tomorrow will bring. If we live in fear, we would never get out of bed in the morning. 

So in the end, we choose to move forward. We choose to have faith. We choose to believe everything will be ok. 

As they say, fortune favours the brave. So we choose to be brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...