Thursday 27 November 2014

Sticky meets Santa


I decided to beat the Christmas rush and take Sticky to meet Santa today. I was worried she might freak t but of course she was her smiley self!
I must say, we're not getting too much I into the Christmas spirit this year. We're not putting up a tree because she would just pull it onto herself and we aren't going crazy with presents for her. We've bought her 2 presents and given family a strict list of what they can give her. Given her first birthday will be 3 weeks after Christmas, I don't want the stress of having to deal with too much stuff!

But, the one thing I did decide to do was take her for a Santa photo. I'm not sure if I'll do it every year but I did want one for her first Christmas. I have such special memories of Christmas from my father who would dress up as Santa, leave reindeer and sleigh tracks and of course drink the beer and eat the carrots we would leave out! I want Sticky to have that same sense of excitement I did.

I know a lot of people are steering away from Christmas with their children because they don't like the fakeness of things like Santa, the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy. But, I just think that's part of being a kid. I don't remember when I found out the truth about all those things but it hasn't left me an emotionally starved and unbalanced person so I think a few years of wonderment will be just fine. I must say, I can't wait to see the look on her face in a year or two when she really understands what Christmas is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...