Monday 3 November 2014

Farewell my baby

I'm currently watching Sticky as she chats to herself in the mirror. She's sitting, waving, chatting and crawling. I've realised my baby is gone.She isn't quite a toddler yet but some level in between. Either way, I'm a little sad to say farewell to my baby.

Of course, she's still my baby. And of course, at 9 months old, she still IS a baby. But, she's just not as baby as she use to be. She's trying to blow raspberries and has figured out how to see me in the mirror. She waves to herself and tries to figure out who that other baby is. I play this game with her where I look at her in the mirror then directly at her. She's figured out how to turn her head so she can see me. This is not the tiny little being I was holding in my arms 9 months ago.

And of course she shouldn't be. She should be this baby/toddler but it seems like it happened so quickly. I think her starting crawling has played a large part of that. She seems to be growing and changing everyday and learning at warp speed. I'm sure it will only be a matter of days before she's crawling on her knees. She's been waking up at 5am the last few mornings which is normally a sign a change is coming.

And all of this on top of her first plane ride this week. On Friday, we get on a plane, sit there for 5 hours and fly to the other side of the country.  It will be interesting to see how she goes with such a big adventure but I'm sure she'll love it. I'm more worried about how I'll go, taking my baby/toddler on such a big adventure! But I'm sure I'll love it too! A big week for all of us ladies no doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...