Friday 26 December 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday and happy holidays. What's fabulous about today is family.

I apologise for my severe lack of blogging this week. We had a terrible start to our Christmas festivities with my mother-in-law passing away unexpectedly last Sunday. It devastated our celebrations and made Christmas very sad given it's also my husband's birthday.

We tried to make it as special a day as possible for Sticky's first Christmas and luckily we were with my parents and brothers so they could pick up some slack and inject the extra excitement my husband and I lacked. To be honest, I just appreciated having someone else cook dinner as I've found that to be one of the most stressful things to deal with over the last few days.

Now, we're home for a few days before heading interstate for the funeral which will be New Years Eve. The irony of starting the year giving birth and finishing it at a funeral is not at all lost on me, it just reflects the ting and yang of life. I'm very grateful my Mother is coming with us to help who Sticky and also provide us with moral support. I will be officiating the ceremony so it will be a very difficult day for us.

I feel so sad for Sticky that the town women she was named after have both passed away this year and this will be her second funeral. It seems so unfair but we're so grateful she got to meet both of them. It's little things like that we hold onto at times like this.

So as you celebrate your Christmas, May you be surrounded by loves ones and take the time to tell them how much they mean to you and how much you love them. You just never know when the opportunity will be gone. Hoping you all have a fabulous 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...