Friday 16 January 2015

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday! What's fabulous about today is team work!

We've had a rough 24 hours which started with Sticky violently throwing up her dinner in bed last nights she was fast asleep and then made this gagging noise so I went running in straight away. She was sitting in her cot, covered in vomit. I was a bit concerned because she'd never done that before.

We immediately sprung into action with my husband changing her bed and washing the sheets and me cleaning her up. We had it all sorted in 10 minutes!

We then made the rookie parent mistake of sitting in bed with her to calm her down. 10 minutes later, she threw up again all over our bed. Again, husband took care of bedding and I took care of her.

We clued onto the throwing up business and put a towel on the bed. That's thinking with your noodle! Of course that was until she threw up again and bypassed the towel and managed to hit my pillow case. Husband did bedding and I did baby. Husband then held baby as I called the health medical line. It was 11pm and she was starting to gag on the vomit and getting quite distressed she couldn't get it up. I was rather distressed at this point too.

The health line told me to get an after hours doctor so ordered one and waited. Sticky threw up another two times in the space of 15 minutes. She had now vomited 5 times in 1 hour. I finally got her back to sleep and put her on the lounge room floor so we could watch her while waiting for the doctor.

An hour passed and the doctor still hadn't arrived. She hadn't been sick again so I decided to cancel it so we could all go to bed. Unfortunately all of our bedding had been vomited on so she slept in her portacot in our room and we had to sleep on top of the quilt! 

I was so glad to have my husband with me as we went through all of that. I know it won't be our last restless night with a vomiting baby but I was so glad he was there to reassure me and hold my hand when I wanted to cry. Luckily we worked through it and kept calm. And we both now know our strengths and weaknesses when dealing with vomit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...