Wednesday 15 October 2014

Bye bye baby

For the first time ever, I couldn't wait to drop Sticky off at child care today. After a few days of button pushing, I think I was more excited than she was!

It's been a tough few days. Monday night, she woke up at 4am and I had to feed her and pull her into bed with us. Her and my husband went back to sleep but I didn't. So, I only managed 3 hours sleep so yesterday was a rough day.

Last night was the same - she woke up at 10pm for her dreamfeed and then again at 4am. She was wide awake and I realised there was no point putting her back into her cot. I again put her into bed with us and we all eventually got back to sleep. She woke us up at 6am and I felt like I could barely open my eyes.

This morning she just decided she would scream. I'm not sure for any real reason, other than it just seemed like fun. Mind you, it's more a high pitched squeal than a scream. Needless to say, it doesn't take long before it gets on your nerves. I couldn't get her dressed and in her pram fast enough.

I think she's going through a growth spurt at the moment, along with teething. She's been off her food a bit, and I think she's in pain when she chews. The need to feed during the night is also a sign. 

While I appreciate what she's going through, I had reached the end of my teether with it. I only just refrained from yelling at her to be quiet so I'm proud of myself for showing such restraint. But, I knew I couldn't hold on for long! So today, I'm just grateful to have a break. 

Now, I'm looking forward to going to collect her and spending the afternoon with her. I've been able to get things done around the house I can't do when she's here and am feeling better that the house is somewhat more organised. I'm also feeling better that I've just had some time to myself to calm down, take a breath, and relax. It's amazing how magical a little break can be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...