Tuesday 14 October 2014

Not enough time in the day

More, than ever before, I am at the stage where I'm suffering a severe lack of time. Not only are there not enough hours in the day, but there aren't enough days in my week!

I'm not surprised that I'm feeling time poor. What, with trying to set up a business, look after a baby, have a social life, connect with family and friends, connect with my husband, run a household, pay the bills, attend medical appointments etc. etc. There just isn't time to do everything.

Today, I am totally exhausted after only a few hours sleep last night. Mostly it was my fault because my stupid brain wouldn't shut off and let me sleep. So the thought of doing anything today was enough to make me want to crawl back under the blankets.

But, I got up. We went for our walk, came home, had a snack, had a shower and diligently went out and did the groceries. I tossed and turned over whether to go to swimming today because we need to change days due to Sticky starting day care on normal swimming day. I really couldn't be bothered. But, I realised today would be the only day we could do it so I took us along.

I wish I had enough time to take her to swimming, and day care, and singing at the library, and play group, and Mother's group and play dates. But I don't. I guess life just doesn't work like that and I'm very conscious about becoming the kind of Mother who fills her child's life up with so many extra curricular activities they never get any down time. God knows I need down time too! And really, I don't get much of that right now. Not even when I sleep!

So my challenge is finding balance. Being able to say no. Being ok with saying no. Learning how to spread my time. And, doing all of this to make sure I look after mine and Sticky's needs. It's a juggling act for sure. And it's only going to get harder once I head back to work. So, deep breath Mummy. Luckily I know how to juggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...