Friday 19 September 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday! What's fabulous about today is Sticky is 8 months old!
I can't believe she's already 8 months. The time has flown by so quickly, and she practically seems ready to move out of home! I know, it's not quite that dramatic, but if there's anything that the past 8 months has taught me, it's that babyhood goes by in a blink of an eye. Toddlerhood is fast approaching.

This week has been another struggle. With teething, eczema and a cold, it's been another week of no sleep for Mummy. Oh, how I miss my little angel that use to sleep through the night. It's been a month now. And, when I have a bad cold myself, going back to 4 hours sleep a night seems brutal. But, I remind myself this too shall pass!

Right now, I'm focusing on letting her develop at her own rate. One of the mothers in my mother's group posted a photo on Facebook of her 8 month old standing in his cot! I couldn't believe he was standing already, she's still trying to master sitting! She shows little interest in crawling and occasionally moves backwards or forwards to grab something. So, instead of worrying she's falling behind, or not doing what the other kids are doing, I'm simply letting her be. I know she will get there and know I have to let her move at her own pace.

In some ways, I'd like her to move forward quicker - especially to get her out of this squealing phase she's in! But, in other ways, it seems to be going too quick for me. It won't be long before we have to have the baby gates up, and then I'll be lamenting she's not a baby that just plays on her mat anymore. 

It's so true what they say, blink and you'll miss it. So, right now, I need to go and pick her up from child care because we have a few hours before she'll go to bed and I'd like some quality time with her! I've had enough blinking without her here today!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...