Wednesday 3 September 2014

The challenges of being a Mumpreneur

Yesterday I got my first glimpse into what it's going to be like as a Mumpreneur. Needless to say, I needed a few glasses of wine by the end of it!

I received a phone call out of the blue yesterday to do a commitment ceremony this Saturday. I was shocked because I had taken a very quiet approach to putting myself forward for the job and didn't expect to hear back. I was very excited when I got the job and had to jump straight into event management mode to get it done in the timeframe. 

Of course when you have a baby at home, you can't just drop everything. Luckily my husband was at home sick so was able to cover for me - allbeit reluctantly. Don't get me started on how I still ran the household when I was on death's door - that's an entirely different post! But, I was very thankful to have his help.

Even with his help, it was difficult to immerse myself into everything I needed to do. I had a cranky baby yelling and screaming in the background and there were times only I could calm her down. I realised that being a work-from-home Mum means there will constantly be interruptions. I guess it's part and parcel of the deal. Hopefully, not all of my ceremonies will require such a quick turn around!

I was proud of my husband and I for juggling everything and being able to accomplish what I needed to. The wine was part celebration and part relaxation. I didn't stop all day! But, it's a really big opportunity for me and when these things present themselves, you have to throw yourself into it. 

I was boosted by a text message I received from a woman in response to the script I sent her for her son's naming ceremony. She was so touched by my words she was in tears. It was so lovely to know I had done a good job and she was happy with it. It made the craziness of yesterday so worthwhile. So, here's hoping this lovely couple I'm marrying on Saturday feel the same. You don't hear you're doing a good job too often so it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside to know that I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...