Friday 15 November 2013

Fabulous Friday - the 300th post


Happy Fabulous Friday all. What’s fabulous about today is this is my 300th post, so I thought I’d celebrate by acknowledging all the fabulous things in my life.

Family – I am so blessed to have a loving and supportive family. They have supported me through thick and thin and I’m touched to see how excited they are at Sticky’s imminent arrival. I’m also touched to see how impacted they have been by Peanut’s and Bab’s losses. My father and one of my brother’s still won’t let themselves get too excited until they hear Sticky cry so no doubt that moment is something that will bring us even closer together as a family.  

Friends – My Grandfather always said to me that you’re lucky if you can count your close friends on one hand. I can count mine on two! Their love and support over the past 20 months has been invaluable to me and taught me the true value of friendship. I know I wouldn’t have survived without them and I cherish their existence in my life every day.

Husband – He is my air, my rock, my world, my hug, my rationale mind, my life and my greatest fan. I never thought I would say this about anyone but the simple fact is, I could not breathe without him. Together, we have battled the world, and together we have won.

My health – While this pregnancy hasn’t been easy, I am enormously grateful that I was healthy enough to fall pregnant, maintain the pregnancy and be a Mum. I have loved ones that are currently fighting a range of brutal illnesses and I am grateful that my body is working and doing exactly what it should to bring this child into the world.

My home – It is my sanctuary and has protected me in my most vulnerable moments. It has allowed me to recover and regain my strength when I most needed it. It is my security blanket and place I am most comfortable. Now, my idea of home is simply wherever my husband and daughter are waiting for me.

My job – After watching so many colleagues loose their jobs last year, I am enormously grateful I got to keep mine. It pays for the roof over our heads, the clothes on our backs and the food in our mouths. It’s also paid for the journey we’ve undertaken to bring Sticky into the world. Sometimes, I struggle to pull myself into work, but I always remember how truly blessed I am to have it and the small luxuries it affords me.

Laughter – I don’t think any of us would survive life without the ability to laugh. I am so glad that despite all the heartbreak I’ve suffered in recent years, I never lost my ability to laugh. And, I’m thankful that I’m surrounded by so many people who do make me laugh. Our lives would be so dull and meaningless without it.


My children – Finally, on this 300th post occasion, the most fabulous thing I celebrate today is my children. My three precious little beings who gave me the opportunity to be a Mother. I treasure the fact Peanut and Babs are looking over us, and marvel at the tiny person growing strong inside me, who is biding her time until she’s ready to meet us. As I think about my children, I realise there is simply no greater miracle in life than to create life. How lucky am I that I’ve been able to do it three times! And, how lucky am I that I will soon get to hold one of my children for the very first time. That is perhaps the most fabulous thing of all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...