Tuesday 25 March 2014

A giggly girl

Yesterday, Sticky giggled for the first time. It was one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard!


Sticky was sitting in her bouncer, talking to the animals that dangle over it. She was smiling and luckily, I was sitting on the couch talking to her. All of a sudden, she let out a definite giggle and a huge smile. It only lasted about 2 seconds but it was a definite giggle. 

It was such a fabulous moment. Not just because the sound is so magical, but because it shows that in that moment, she was truly happy. As parents, all you want to know is that your child is happy. Up until now, I could only assume she was because she wasn't crying. 

As adults, we use our developed sense of emotions to try to make sense of our baby's emotions. It doesn't work like that of course but it's our framework for understanding what's happening with our children. And let's be honest, we all love to hear babies laugh!

I was amazed at how much those few seconds lifted my spirits. I'm starting to feel more weighed down by the drudgery of life at the moment. I am so not house wife material! But that one little giggle reminded me my little girl is growing up quickly and will soon take up more of my time and energy. And knowing that is what keeps me going sometimes. 

In the meantime, I know I'm going to become one of those Mothers that keep trying to get another laugh. And why wouldn't I? They're so terribly addictive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...