Friday 30 May 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday all! What's fabulous about today is friendship!
This morning I caught up with 3 friends as part of our impromptu mothers group. Three of us have children and the other one will have her first in just a few weeks. It was a rocky start to the day as Sticky and I were running late. But, the beauty of this group is everyone understood.

I'm very lucky to share motherhood with this wonderful group of women. We shared great times before children came along and now we get to share more with our children in tow. Having this support group means we can bounce ideas off each other, share learnings and information, offer maternity clothes and just moral support for the ups and downs motherhood and pregnancy brings. 

Being a stay at home Mum is a lonely business so I'm so thankful for these outings. Not just because it gets me out of the house and gives me people to talk to, but it allows me to spend more time with my friends. It's a win win all round!

I'm gravitating more towards this group than my other Mothers' group. Probably because the relationships are already developed and we have a shared history. We had relationships without children and they have easily grown stronger with children. These are the women I picture sharing birthday parties, bbqs and trips to the park with. They're also the ones I picture sharing wine with on Yummy Mummy outings. 

I'm sure the women in my other Mothers group are lovely but the likelihood of them being as awesome as this group is unlikely. I figure when you're onto a good thing, stick with it! 



1 comment:

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...