Monday 21 July 2014

Appreciating the little things

Sadly, all good things must come to an end, so today, I am on a little bit of a post-holiday come down. But, it was the best weekend I've had since my honeymoon!



This is Sticky and I after lunch on Saturday. I love this photo because it sums up our weekend - just good fun! It was so lovely to spend time together as a family and we did well not letting our normal distractions invade our time. We didn't turn the tv on once, and only looked at our iPad and book when Sticky was asleep! We had A1 quality family time!

We enjoyed doing the simplest of things - going for lunch, going for a walk along the beach and taking Sticky for a swim. She had so many firsts - seeing chickens and the beach, hanging out with older kids and feeling grass in her fingers. She loved every minute of it!

I think this was the first time since having her that we just simply enjoyed time together. She had our undivided attention and we laughed, talked, sang and included her in all of our adventures. It was just what I needed to recharge the batteries and reconnect with my family.

It's funny how the drudgery of life can get on top of you. I was feeling like my daily life was becoming a bit like ground hog day - repeating the same day over and over. I needed to step out of the everyday to appreciate the little things it holds for me, and the fact I have time to spend with her at the moment. We had so much fun that we have now committed to do a screen- free day once a month and just spend that day as a family. It's not to say we won't do it at other times, but we want to make sure we continue the good fun we discovered in just being a family. Alas, these moments are all too quickly forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...