Thursday 10 July 2014

Return of the sleeping baby

FINALLY, after 2 long weeks, my sleeping baby has returned to me! Oh, how I have missed her!
I don't know if we're finally over the Wonder Week hump, or putting a doona on her helped, but Sticky has finally slept through the night again. The past 2 weeks have been a struggle with her waking up every 3 hours. I had no idea how quickly you can get out of the habit!

It was starting to become quite uncomfortable trying to feed her at 4am. It's getting very cold now and trying to keep her, and me warm, was proving to be a challenge. So much so, I pulled out my thick woolen blanket to keep by the feeding chair.

But, last night, we had a break through. She went down at 7pm and slept to 10pm. She then had a bottle and went back to sleep at 11pm. Normally, she would then wake up at 1am, 4am and 7am. But last night, she only stirred slightly once and I had to wake her up at 8:30am. I didn't know myself with such a good sleep!

I'm hesitant to get too excited by it. I know it could have just been a one off, but even if it was, I'll take it! I know these Wonder Weeks last longer each time and this has been the toughest so far. It's a bit scary to think this one has 2 parts so I'll take sleeping baby while I can get her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...