Friday 15 August 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday! What's fabulous about today is bravery!
Sticky and I were both so brave today. It was the first day I'd left her in her child care room alone. I was meant to leave her for 3 hours and I managed 2.5. Snaps for me!

I dropped her off and stayed with her for a bit as I told the carer what her routine would be. There was another little girl who was starting today who was crying. It was the first time she had been there so the poor little thing was in a totally foreign place. Sticky started crying just to support her. I love the fact she's a sympathy crier. She does it just so no baby has to cry alone. I'm hoping it will make her a very empathetic person!

I popped her in her high chair, kissed her goodbye and walked out. I sat in the staff room next door and set my computer up. There were other staff members there and I battled not to burst into tears. My eyes were welling up and one of the ladies looked at me kindly. It was all I could do to keep the tears at bay.

Being next door was so hard because I could hear her crying. It took so much strength not to run in there. I put my ipod on and decided to do something really labour intensive to focus my mind. Luckily the time went surprisingly quickly. 

The director came in and told me she was upset. She had slept but wouldn't have her bottle. I could hear her screaming again and decided that was enough. I packed my things into the car and went to get her. I stood at the door to make sure she had settled first. I didn't want to come in while she was in a meltdown because I wanted her to learn she could be settled there.

I walked in and stood in front of her. I started talking to the carer and she looked everywhere except at me. It took her 3 or 4 minutes to see me and as soon as she did she smiled and started crying. It was very short lived though because I think she realised there was no point because I had returned. 

We sat and chatted for a bit because I didn't want to just whisk her away. She was very happy having me there and chatted away to the other babies. When it was time to go she walked out with a huge smile on her face. 

I thought she might be extra clingy for the rest of the day but she hasn't. She's been fine with me leaving the room and only started crying when she was tiered. Maybe leaving her taught her that I do come back so perhaps she's feeling more confident about that. Either way, I'm proud of us both for such a big achievement. She has one more visit before doing a full day and I'm determined we'll last the 3 hours next time. Next time, I'm sure it will be easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...