Wednesday 27 August 2014

Savouring the little things

The more I experience Motherhood, the more I realise to not sweat the small stuff. In fact, it's the small stuff that brings you the most pleasure and will pass you by if you don't pay attention to it!



Yesterday I chose to put my Ipad down and get on the floor with Sticky. She thought it was hilarious for me to just lay next to her. She was laughing and squealing with joy so I thought it would be a good moment to take a selfie with her. You can see my failed attempts!

I didn't manage to capture a single unblurry, focused shot. Partly because of my unsteady hand, but mostly because she was moving too much. She was laughing so hard she was rolling from side to side, shaking her body and trying to sit up. 

I tried for about 10 minutes to get a good shot. I ended up with about 15 of them and these were the best. At first I was disappointed I couldn't get a clear one. But then I realised these ones actually captured the moment perfectly. They reflect us, laughing and enjoying each other's company - not smiling perfectly into the camera. While they are blurry and fuzzy, I love them!

Sometimes we get so caught up in life, our own dramas, real and imagined, that we forget to just sit and enjoy a moment. This moment with her was one I will always treasure. It was two kindred spirits, having a laugh, sharing a bond and creating a beautiful memory. Funnily enough, I didn't have a care in the world for the rest of the day. My heart was too full of love and my brain was too full of trying to remember every detail of the moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...