Friday 13 September 2013

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday all. I hope your week hasn’t been as crazy as mine! On the bright side it is Friday and today, I officially start my babymoon!

For those who don’t know, a babymoon is the equivalent of a honeymoon – basically just an excuse to go away before the baby is born. A friend with 3 children told me to go away in the 2nd trimester while I was still feeling well. Given my back continues to get worse, I’m glad I took her advice. I don’t think I’ll be able to do it in a few weeks time.

So, we’re off to the beach where I can just sit and relax overlooking the water. I’m really frustrated being at home at the moment as I see everything I’m meant to be doing and can’t. Well the chores are a mix of can’t and don’t have the energy to. I feel annoyed and angry when I have to sit down because my back is sore or I’m feeling tiered. I guess I better get use to it.
What else is fabulous today is I bought a breast feeding chair. While it’s just another chair, it means I will finally have something comfortable to sit on while we wait for our new couch to be delivered. I’m hoping it will reduce the pressure on my back. And, at least I know if I do end up on bed rest early, I at least have a comfy chair.

The other fabulous thing about today is I have finally decided I will finish work at 30 weeks. That means I only have 9 weeks to go. Yesterday, I didn’t finish work until 6:30pm, meaning I did a 9 hour day. I am constantly under more pressure and am now at the stage where I literally do not bring my head up to breathe. I’ve been foolishly thinking things will get easier but it never does, in fact it gets worse. I had quite bad cramps in the afternoon and I think it was because of all the tension my body was under. It’s not good for me and it’s certainly not good for Sticky. I’ve made the decision that there is nothing worth working myself into the ground for.

My next appointment with the obstetrician is just under 2 weeks. I’m going to ask him to write a medical certificate for me to work 4 days a week and finish at 30 weeks. Luckily, my manager can’t fight doctor’s orders so it will be done. It means I’ll lose out on a bit of money but that price do I put on mine and my baby’s health? A few weeks of pay doesn’t even come close.

So I feel quite relieved that I’ve made that decision. I know the next week weeks will be a challenge as we’re likely to be busy, but somehow it’s easier to deal with knowing I don’t have long to go. In the end, we need to make the decisions that are best for us and funnily enough, my job is so far down my priority list I can’t even see it!

I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and weekend. I’m taking a few days off so I can enjoy my babymoon so see you all next week!

1 comment:

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...