Friday 3 January 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday all. The first Friday of 2014! 

As this week draws to a close, I am abundantly aware that Sticky's arrival draws closer. My husband's best friend and wife came over for lunch today and I told them I expect to feel calm next week but will then likely be beside myself the week after. I have 2 Fridays to go!

It was lovely to see our friends today. They now live 3 hours away so we don't get to see them too often. They made the drive today just to catch up with us before Sticky arrives so we were very touched they made the effort. We took them to our favourite cafe and I ordered mint, haloumi and zucchini fritters. It was one of the nicest meals I've had in a while so enjoyed every mouthful. I told the owners we'd try our hardest to get back before bub comes because we love it so much. 

Now, I am sitting at home in the air conditioning as a heat wave prepares to strike over the next few days. As I sit and type, I'm watching my belly shake and wobble as Sticky rolls around. There's something quite magical about watching a shaking belly. I'm very grateful that she still has enough room to do it and still makes an effort to let me know she's there. 

I'm making the most of these little things while I can. I only have 2.5 more weeks of feeling a tiny human move inside me, have hiccups inside of me and hear their heartbeat from the outside. I know how lucky I am to experience these things, and this may be the one and only time I do get to experience it. I plan on savoring every moment of it while I can! 

Now, it's time for a decaf coffee and a slice of apple pie. A truly fabulous end to a truly fabulous day. Have a great weekend all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...