Friday 4 April 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday. I hope you've all had a great week. Ours has been very busy and draining so what's fabulous about today is being home!
I've always been a creature of habits and comforts, but our first trip away with Sticky has made me more so. Not only do I want my comforts, but I want hers too! Simple things like taking her bouncer and playmat with me made life so much easier, but it meant the car was packed to the rafters!

I feel so much better being at home. Sleeping in my own bed last night was heaven. Being able to put her in her high cot, instead of bending down to the floor to put her in the portacot was a life saver. Standing at my change table rather than changing her on a bed saved my back. And, being able to make a coffee on my coffee machine was fabulous. 

Having a baby is full on and they require lots of things. I know our parents didn't have all these things and survived, but, I do have these things and it makes my life far more easier and less painful having them.  This week has taught me that I can adapt to not having these things and that's good to know. The thing is, I just don't want to adapt. I cherish these things and the impact they have on my life. Who would have guessed one could strike up such a meaningful relationship with a breastfeeding chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...