Friday 11 April 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Friday all! What's fabulous about today is motherhood!
When I was pregnant, I wasn't sure how I would feel about being a mother. I questioned how it would all turn out and whether I'd be able to cope with it. I had moments when I even questioned if I really wanted it. But for some reason, this week I realised I love being a mother.

I think the past 11 weeks have been a blur of exhaustion, emotions and learning. It's been a journey I've had to navigate my way through. At times I felt lost and it often felt like I was taking one step forward and 2 back, but, I've always kept moving forward. I've reached a stage where I'm finally feeling comfortable and confident in my ability as a mother. 

I am so totally in love with my little family. Sticky has already taught me so much that only she could. I have a new understanding of what really matters in life, who really matters and how to let the little things go. Life takes on a new meaning when you have a little person totally dependent on you so you stop wasting time on the things that don't matter. 

It's not to say that I don't have challenges to overcome. I need to manage my relationship with my husband to ensure we don't fall into a rut. I need to spend time looking after myself to make sure I have energy to chase after Sticky. She's made me want to be the best person I can and that means mentally, physically and emotionally. It takes a lot of work to do all of that but I find that time by letting go off the things that don't matter.

Motherhood is hard and I understand why it's not for everyone. There are times I am so over  having to reheat my dinner, having poo on my hands or vomit on my shirt, but I know these things won't last forever. The time will pass so quickly and I know I'll look back at this time and wish I had made more of it. So, instead of wishing, I'm going to make sure I make the most of it now. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to experience this and I don't want to miss a thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...