Wednesday 20 February 2013

Learning to Moonwalk



I woke up this morning to see the first signs of Kate Middleton’s baby bump plastered all over the news. I then checked out news.com.au to see a woman in Texas gave birth to two sets of twins at the same time! And then, as I scrolled down the web page, I was presented with links to calculate my due date, an ovulation calculator and  a pregnancy weight gain calculator. My morning was baby bombardment overload!

I know I’m feeling a little fragile after the events of yesterday which is why I’m sensitive to all the baby  going ons today. I must admit, I read the story of this woman giving birth to two sets of twins and my first response was how does she manage to give birth to 4 babies and I can’t even manage 1? Yep – a clear sign there’s some pent up emotions going on!

I realise that having to go to the hospital yesterday was the trigger that made me take a step backwards. The last few months have been nothing more than constantly taking 1 step forwards and 2 steps back – I’m learning to perfect the Moonwalk! The definition of the Moonwalk is a dance technique that presents the illusion of the dancer being pulled backwards while attempting to walk forward. Yep, that’s pretty much my life – just minus the illusion!

The problem with taking backwards steps is it makes it harder to move forward again. There are moments when I feel like I’m walking in cement boots and just lifting my foot to try to move it forward is the heaviest thing in the world. But then I’m reminded that the Moonwalk worked for Michael Jackson so maybe I’m just doing it wrong. I might go and get myself a sequinned silver glove and yell “oww” every time I turn around to move forward. It worked for Mike! 

Image courtesy of www.ngozigold.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...