Friday 12 April 2013

Fabulous Friday



It’s been the end of a tough week so all I can say is thank God it’s Friday! Give me a woot woot! I realise my posts of late have been a bit melancholy and self indulgent. I’m ok with that but it’s not a frame of mind I want to spend too long in. So, new direction – from now on, every Friday is going to be Fabulous Friday. For at least one day a week I will focus on something positive. I figure it’s a good way to end the week!

So, I took this photo from my backyard yesterday afternoon. Living about 11 kms out of the City, it’s not too often we get majestic sunsets like this so you stand up and pay attention when you see it. It made me think of a quote from Anne of Green Gables – “Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.” Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow brings new hope. Tomorrow brings new possibilities.

While it’s been a hard and emotionally draining week, there are positives to be taken from it. I have a possible explanation for the cramps and why I haven’t fallen pregnant yet. That’s a good thing. That gives me hope something can be done to get us back on track. My husband and I FINALLY got ourselves sorted for this fertile window. We managed our time and energy better so could throw ourselves into the task and actually have a good time doing it! A lot of times when you’re trying to conceive, having a good time goes out the window. I’m very glad it’s back!

In all honesty, I don’t expect to fall pregnant this month. I think I’ve attributed the bacteria to stop it from happening. So, that means this should be the easiest two week wait I’ve had because I have no expectations. I’m actually looking forward to it be over so I can take the antibiotics and we can get this party started! Bring it on!

So as I head into the weekend, I’m feeling positive that we are on our way to making this baby thing happen. We’ve got over some humps and found out some answers. I’m feeling strong and focussed on what’s really important and that’s my husband, me, our relationship and our shared dream. Everything else can just stay outside.

I know there are some of you who are really struggling out there at the moment. Struggles often seem like they will last forever but as a wise man once said, “This too shall pass.” Until then, I wanted to share this clip with you. I went searching for it after hearing the song on a tv show and it really moved me. The words did too so read them while you watch it. But also watch and know wherever you are, whatever your struggle, you’re not alone. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read your Fabulous Friday posts! Focussing on the positive is a great way to change any mood. I'm glad you have made it to the weekend. Relax and enjoy! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin, here's hoping there's lots of fabulousness to be found!

    ReplyDelete

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...