Friday 30 August 2013

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday everyone. Once again, Friday is here in the blink of an eye. However, I’m very excited to say what is most fabulous about today is progress!


Finally, and I mean FINALLY, I’m actually starting to look pregnant. It’s taken a while to get here but I’m now looking a little more pregnant than just getting stuck into the cookies. It’s still not enough for people to automatically think I’m pregnant, but I know I’m getting closer.

It’s good timing because next week is going to be massive. Next Wednesday, I will officially be halfway through the pregnancy (given Sticky will be born at 39 weeks) and we will have the sex confirmed. I cannot wait until that scan. In fact I’m literally jumping out of my skin with excitement.
I’ve started talking to Sticky and telling her it’s in her best interest to be in a good position to show us the sex or she’ll end up with a last minute name. My husband told her that if she doesn’t show us the sex we’ll call her something like Hyperbole or Pythagoras. Of course I’m not going to let any child of mine be called that but I didn’t tell her that. I’m going for whatever threat works!

This weekend I’m throwing myself into getting her room ready so I’m going to get some books to start reading to her, clear out the shelving unit in her room and go to Ikea to get some storage baskets. And, the big moment, her beautiful change table will arrive from my parents place so I’m very excited to finally have that.

I had been putting off doing anything in her room for another few weeks but yesterday’s visit to the obstetrician, and possible bed confinement, has spurred me into action. It’s a very real possibility that I may end up incapacitated in the next 10 weeks so I have a small window of time to get organised.


So, whatever you’re doing this weekend, I hope you have a great time. Throw yourself into it as if you’ll be bed ridden in 10 weeks too. It’s amazing what that thought does for the motivation levels! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...