Tuesday 17 December 2013

Bottles, steriliser and breast pump oh my!

So today I decided it was time to acquaint myself with the bottles, steriliser and breast pump I've been given. After perusing all the different components, I'm now all over teats, bottle caps and pump construction!





After disassembling everything, this is what I was left with. A bench top full of bottles, caps, teats, covers, stoppers and pump components. All of this equates to one breast pump and 6 bottles. Who knew so many bits made up those few small things!

Given I had taken everything out, I thought I may as well get it all ready so decided to sterilise everything. I've been given a microwave steriliser which is fantastic as you just put some water into it, put the things in, chuck it in the microwave for a few minutes, let it cool down, air dry everything and you're done! So while I had to do a few rounds to get everything done, this is now all assembled and in an air tight container waiting to be used.

I'm glad I did do it now as I was a total novice when it came to bottle teats. I had no idea there were different types but yes, there is a certain type depending on  how old the baby is. As it turns out, I only have 1 new born teat so I'm going to have to go back to the baby shop. But, I'll make it worth my while and will also get a breast milk freezer tray, pram liner and rain cover.  I also got a call today to say my travel cot has arrived so I'll pick that up too!

I'm not even going to bother to say this will be my last trip to the baby shop because I'm pretty sure it won't be. Everytime I read something or learn something, I realise there is something else I need so I'm just going to say I'm heading back to the baby shop. Luckily I have one just around the corner. I wonder if they do frequent buyer points???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...