Thursday 26 December 2013

The end is nigh


Merry Christmas to you all! I hope you all had a lovely day and enjoyed your festivities. We had a great day celebrating Christmas, and my husband's birthday but it also demonstrated that the light is most definitely at the end of the pregnancy tunnel!


We made it to my Grandmother's place for lunch so I'm glad my back decided to cooperate. Sticky was busy all day, rolling and bouncing around. I think she was excited about Santa coming and seeing what presents she would get. We didn't get too much for her except from my brother who have her a talking Yoda doll and some Mr Men books. He's a Star Wars fanatic so I guess he wants to start her young!

We left home at 9am and got home at 5:30pm so it was a long day. It was made even longer by the fact we were woken up at 5:45am by a leg cramp. My husband could go back to sleep but I couldn't. I can't wait until these cramps stop! 

On the way home, I needed to stop for a break as I was having a sharp pain in my side. I pressed into the bottom of my ribs and felt a hard lump. I realised it was either Sticky's foot or knee cap poking out. Maybe she is finally starting to run out of room! I hope she doesn't get herself in that position too often.

I was exhausted by the time I went to bed but couldn't sleep. I woke up several times during the night with sore ears from laying on my side so everytime I woke up I had to go to the toilet. Everytime I went to move, I felt this dull pain in the bottom of my belly which I hadn't had before. I'm not sure what was causing it but I took it as a sign the pregnancy is drawing to an end.

This was confirmed by seeing my first colostrum leakage. I noticed some yellow stuff in my nipples and realised what it was. My first reaction was holy crap! But, then I realised my breasts were doing exactly what they were meant to - getting ready to feed a baby. It was a little surreal to realise this and think about feeding a baby but I was also happy to know things seem to be working.

Ive felt pretty tiered today so did a little bit of shopping and came home for a rest. It didn't last long as I took to cleaning out the kitchen cupboards and making Sticky my first patchwork skirt. I showed my husband and he commented on how small it was. I realised it would probably just fit over my belly. Well, I was wrong. It's a little small for my belly but should fit Sticky this time next year! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...