Friday 19 July 2013

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday everyone. I know the last two Fridays have been a little low beat, and to be honest, I’m so exhausted I could be low beat again. But, I choose not to be. There is much fabulousness to be upbeat about so I will be!

Support – A friend saw my post yesterday and offered to come bra shopping with me tomorrow. I was very touched she offered, and while I was thinking I was brave enough to do it, I realised I could do with a hand to hold. Buying bras is normally a painful chore for me but this will be different. It will be the first time I walk into a maternity wear shop.

I had already decided that I would have a look at some maternity clothes as well. Seemed silly not to given I was there. So, I thought I’d make a day of it and treat myself to lunch as well. I never thought about asking anyone to come along. I can’t say I’ve ever been bra shopping with a friend before. But I was enormously touched when she offered and very grateful to have her come along.

Elastane – Elastane is officially my favourite synthetic fibre. It’s the stuff that makes my maternity pants stretchy, which makes them comfy. The cheap ones I bought aren’t great but they’re better than the alternative which is now nothing as my old pants don’t do up. But, the awesome ones my friend gave me have become my most favourite piece of clothing.

I can actually feel the pants stretching with me which means I never have a sore tummy. And, the elastane is so much better than elastic because it doesn’t pinch you. For now, I roll down the tummy expander but I’m looking forward to being able to pull it over my belly in the coming weeks. I’m hoping these pants last me forever because I love them so much I may continue to wear them pregnant or not!

Bravery – I received my first challenge to my resolve to dissolve my fear today. My niece asked if I was accepting presents now or wanted them later. My first thought was “Oh no, it’s far too early to be getting gifts.” I realised that was fear talking, and I wasn’t listening to that anymore, so I said I would be brave and go for now. I’m not sure how I’ll feel when I get the present but, for now, I’m proud of myself for saying yes.


Hmm, that reminds me of something I read once which said one way to take fear away is to say yes to your universe. Right now, my universe is telling me I’m having a baby in 6 months. Instead of fighting it, I can just say yes. Lets practice – Am I having a baby? YES. Will I have a baby? YES. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...